Warm Oven Fresh Single Serve
Its been almost 3 weeks since I have been away from my blog. Needeless to say I have been missing it terribly. Work got busy and more than that the Indian Festive Season is on with parties and events every weekend and some weekdays too in fact. The biggest challenge has been to cook festive and healthy at the same time. However, am glad I had my tips handy to eat well at events and avoid consuming excess calories.
Today afternoon, it felt like I got sometime for myself after long and wanted to treat myself without going overboard. I am a little over the 2min microwave cake as it cannot be enjoyed after it sits out for more than 15 min. And honestly wanted a real deal oven fresh cake. After a number of trials, I could get the temperature and ingredients just right for this single serve awesome delight.
You would need -
2 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp chocolate chips
1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbsp sugar
pinch of baking powder
1 egg yolk
1/2 egg white
1 1/2 Tbsp flour
- In a mixing bowl or cup, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave oven. Take around 45 sec to 1 minute.
- Mix in the sugar and oil and whisk well.
- As the chocolate mixture will be hot, let it cool a little and add egg. You don't want to cook the egg. Whisk and incorporate well.
- Now add all dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Whist well.
- Grease a 8oz ramekin and pour the mixture. Bake in oven for 7-10 min at 350 deg.
The molten chocolate throughout the cake is heavenly. And as this is not a microwave cake, the texture is the real deal. It can be saved to be enjoyed later too. Though such a perfect portion is worth enjoying full right out of the oven.
Go for it, you truly deserve it!