Thai food offers bold tasting and bursting with flavors recipes. The unique blend of fresh spices makes the food fragrant. For most of the Thai spices, a little goes a long way in terms of flavor, intensity and aroma. The beauty of the Thai food lies in the fact that Opposites Attract - fiery curry paste and cooling coconut milk, sweet noodles with salty crunch. If you can stand the heat, go for it. The capsaicins in the pepper that burn your tongue, have been shown to clear congestion, lower cholesterol, and boost metabolism to reduce fat. Taiwanese researches found that exposing developing fat cells to capsaicins kill them before they mature.
While eating out is always a pleasure but being able to create restaurant flavor in the comfort of your own house is heavenly. The benefit of cooking in your kitchen is you choose your ingredients. I have tired several curry paste, ready to eat Thai curries but nothing matched expectations. The only closest deal was when I made everything from scratch after a trip to the Asian grocery store with all the right ingredients. But that was lot of work. Finally, I found the best tasting curry paste line - Mae Ploy (click to buy)
Its another great find after the Thai Soup Pastes
4 Tbsp of Mae Ploy Red Curry Paste
2 can Lite Coconut Milk
1 broccoli head, crown separated
2 red peppers, cubed
1 cup extra firm tofu, cubed
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced in quarters
1.5 Tbsp brown sugar
- Heat a pan and cook all the vegetables until they are slightly tender. This may take 4-5 min.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in another pan and add the curry paste. Saute for 2 min.
- Now add the coconut milk in the paste and whisk well for mixing.
- Add the cooked vegetables and bring the curry to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add sugar
- Serve hot with some brown rice.